"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Some things I can't wait to know...



  1. Joshua Gebeyehu's shoe size

  2. where his tickle spots are

  3. if his toes are long ans skinny or short and chubby

  4. what his hair feels like

  5. the sound of his giggle

  6. his favorite foods

  7. if his belly button is an "inny" or an "outy"

  8. the feel of his hugs

  9. the sound of his voice

  10. what scares him

  11. the legnth of his eye lashes

  12. how many teeth he has

  13. his favorite sleeping position

  14. does he give sloppy or dry kisses

  15. does he suck his thumb

  16. will he call me momma, mom, or mommy

  17. will he be scared, curious, or happy to meet me

  18. what kind of toys does he like most

  19. how does he look when he is running
  20. what makes his eyes twinkle as happily as they are in the picture above

Each time families from our agency travel to bring home their children they kindly offer to gather information for the families who are waiting. I am so grateful, but most of what I want to know is not measurable by anyone else. I will fly away in 1 month or less to meet my son. I do not have too much longer to wait. I received a copy of his adoption decree in my inbox this morning - it has been done for a while but I just caught a glimpse of it today. An appointment with the US Embassy in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia on June 2 looks to be a sure thing, but there is a slim chance we could go for May 19 instead. Unfathomable! Just keep praying me there, God will be faithiful to complete this work He started!