"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Friday, April 30, 2010

"Just like me"

One of the things that is hardest for me at this point in our adoption process is the fact that many people know my son better than I do. Yuck! One of the things I have always worked really hard at is knowing my kids. I try to be really aware of who they are, their strengths, weaknesses, likes, dislikes, personality quirks, etc... I try to see each one of our kids as a total individual. To allow them to be who God created them to be. To totally enjoy their uniqueness. I like to think that I know, love, enjoy, and respect my kids better than anyone else does - next to their creator.


With Joshua Gebeyehu I do not have that honor yet and quite honestly it bugs me!


A week or so ago, IAN's director visited Ethiopia. Yesterday Liz, our adoption coordinator, sent me a note about Joshua. She relayed that she was visiting with Joan and Joan was telling her what a fun personality Joshua Gebeyehu has. (I am so thankful for every tidbit I get, but it is also so weird to have ladies in an office 2 states a way discussing my son in a more intimate details than I am able to.) She relayed that if Joshua G. does not want to do something... he DOES NOT do it. But when he wants to do something he goes after it with much enthusiasm. He loves to smile, wave, and hug.


Hmmm.... reminds me of another D!


So I was sharing this information with Brenna last night at bedtime. Each detail made her giggle with familiarity. She finally exclaimed, "Mom, he sounds just like me!"


Remember my mom's first comment about his little picture? She said, "He looks like he might give Brenna a run for her money!"


Soon, little man, your momma will know you inside out! And big sister Brenna will be giving you a run for your money!





In the moments when I am most worried about Joshua Gebeyehu, when I am most sad that he is alone and waiting, the chorus of this song has brought me comfort and hope. For as the song says my Joshua Gebeyehu truly is safe in His arms.


Please keep Joshua G. extra close in your prayers this weekend. IAN has outgrown the care center that he has been living in since December. All the children and staff will be moving to a new location May 1. It is exciting for IAN to have this new property, but my momma's heart is worried about Joshua Gebeyehu having to make yet another transition. Please pray that Joshua will feel the safety of His arms.