"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Shout out for Krissy and prayer request

I have to take a moment to tell you once again that I am so proud of Krissy. Last night she and I had the opportunity to tell the children at our church some things about Ethiopia. She and I spent several evenings planning the presentation. She offered many suggestions and helped choose some really cool videos to show the kids.

We had invited the kids to bring flip flops for us to deliver to children that need shoes when we are in Ethiopia. We chose flip flops because they are inexpensive and light. We can pack a lot of flip flops in a suitcase and keep the weight under 5o lbs. But does a $2.50 pair of flip flops have any impact? Here is the video she chose to show the kids that they can!




Krissy so loved the idea of going without shoes for one day that she presented the opportunity to her school's student council this morning. They loved it! Her middle school has decided to recognize Tom's One day Without Shoes movement on April 8. The students will be asked to donate a pair of shoes that she will bring with to Africa. ( Also a big thumbs up to her amazing student council for being willing to move forward on this with so little notice!)

How cool is that?

I am really proud of her! It is so exciting to get a glimpse of the woman I know she will become. I am not totally sure how we will get all these shoes to Ethiopia?! We collected 58 pairs last night alone. It is a problem I am thrilled to have though.

Now onto my prayer request!

I found out yesterday that if the letter from MOWA that was missing when our case was heard in court on Monday shows up, Joshua will become a D immediately. We will not have to wait for our rescheduled court date April 14.

Please pray that this letter arrives! It would be such a blessing to get a happy surprise! I can not tell you what a long, yucky day Monday was waiting for a phone call. We would also really like to travel for the May 19 or June 2 Embassy dates so that Krissy would be able to attend summer school. Most importantly, I desperately want Joshua G. to be an son instead of an orphan. He is already our son in our hearts, but I want it in writing!