"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Monday, April 12, 2010

It feels like it might be hope

The last week has been really hard on this momma's heart. Waiting to bring Joshua G. home has been tearing me up! Early last week we received a picture of our little guy that broke my heart. He looked like he needed me! He had on a pink shirt and little girl capris. His face just looked so tired - like he needed his momma to pick him up and snuggle him into bed.


As the week went on we began to learn more details about his condition when he arrived at the Care Center. He was in much worse shape than we realized. God truly saved this little boy. He has made "unimaginable progress" according to the angels in Ethiopia that are watching over him. I am forever grateful for the love, nurturing, and attention that I am told has been lavished on our son.


The combination of the lonely, sad photo and sad details of Joshua G's early life turned this momma into a wreck. My heart was absolutely shredded. The protective, nurturing instinct that only mom's have was (and is) in overdrive. I told Chad that I was leaving for Ethiopia the last Friday in May and not returning until our son is with me. (I can not promise that will truly happen, but I am most thankful to have a husband that hugged me and told me to do what I need to do!)


Alright Alicia, you are thinking... where is the hope in all this depressing news?


The HOPE came first through the prayers uttered for our upcoming court case and for peace in my heart offered by my dear friend last night. It surfaced again in pictures of Joshua G that were in my in-box a few minutes ago. Oh, I can not wait to show them to you. He looks SO GOOD!!!!! He has grown and changed so much since we first glimpsed him Jan. 19. We will have to see he might be 2! He is standing tall, holding his name card like a big kid, and concentrating very hard on waving to the camera. Unimaginable progress!


So my friends, join me on my knees thanking God for saving our son. Thank Him for restoring Joshua G's strength and bringing him to a place of safety and nurturing. Thank Him for the gift of hope. I have been scared to hope because it hurts so much when you do not receive what you hope for, but that is a cowardly way to love. So I choose hope.


God willing I will be able to show you these pictures of HOPE on Wednesday after we pass court.


***OK I was just blessed once again! I just received the most amazing video of our son. He is waving and blowing kisses. I am a happy wreck for a change. Don't know how you got it to me so quickly Liz and Monica but I am grateful beyond words.