"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Bampa and Gamma's

I have been waiting months and months to hold these two simultaneously.
 I joked that we should title the photo "Dietrich's go Duggar!"

I adore moments with Wyatt.
And Mataya loves him.  She wants to hug and kiss him.  She also wants momma to put him down and play only with her.  And when Brenna holds him. . . that is a NO-NO!  Brenna is Mataya's favorite person lately.  She was not impressed when HER Brenna held the baby, no matter how cute he is.
And he is very, very cute.

Krissy and I gave him a bath.  The she styled his curly hair into a mohawk.  Oh, my. heart.  He is beyond precious.

He is also the most content baby I have ever been around.  Even when we stripped him naked and gave him a sponge bath, he did not cry.  He never cries.  Krissy watches carefully for his hunger cues, and she feeds him the moment he is ready. Nursing is going so well that he had gained an ounce by the time he was three days old.  Wyatt likes to cuddle.  He likes movement.  He likes to sleep.  He complains about nothing.  It is simply amazing.
 Krissy and Wyatt rode with me to Grandma Donna's birthday party this evening.  Both babies plus Brenna fit in my middle seat.  How cute are they?

It was a beautiful evening to be outside.  No wind.  No bugs.
And all sorts of things to explore at Grandpa's house!
 Joshua riding bike in his cowboy boots and soccer shin guards cracks me up!
 We all enjoyed looking at and petting the horses.
 Mataya loves to see the horses, but is still not too sure about touching them.
 Jay has taken to picking up Mataya and tossing her into the air.  She loves it.  She walks up to him with her arms up and a smile on her face.
 Sierra was remembering when this 10-12 year old cat was her kitten tonight.

It is interesting to be with Sierra this summer.  She is feeling old.  She relates to adults more like an adult than a child.  She loves it.  
I love how she shares her heart and discoveries with me.
When I told Mataya we were going to Grandma and Grandpa's house, I added that Grandpa has horses.  Mataya yelled "NEIGH!!!!"  Then I told her that Grandma has a swing.  And she yelled, "WEEEEE!!!!!"  after which we both giggled and cheered.  Her sisters joined her for a party on the swingset.

Summer evenings on the ranch. . . life does not get a lot simpler or more beautiful than that.