"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Flying

 I was awakened by a text containing this picture early this morning.

After not sleeping on the red eye from Denver to D.C. my guys were crashed in the airport. 
Not long after, I received this photo.

My guys spent the entire day flying.  They will land very soon.  I can not get the sights, sounds, and smells they will land to out of my mind.  Ethiopia is so incredibly embedded in my heart and soul.  Oh how I wish I could be two places at once!

If things go as planned, while I sleep tonight the guys will arrive at the guest house.  They will nap and eat.  Then they will head to Jemo.  I am quite sure they will be greeted with songs and kisses.  I can not keep the grin off my face at the thought of my tall son bending his cheek to receive kisses from the tiny ones longing to be noticed.  And I know Chad is so excited to see our kids again.  I wish I could be there for their reunion.  

And my momma gets to introduce my "brother" Desaleng to my dad.  That one nearly brings me to tears.  Desaleng is one special kid.

After their time at Jemo they will hit Island Breeze for pizza. They will then head back to the guest house where they will be totally exhausted yet wired from all they have experienced. (Or so I suspect.)

Back in Bismarck, life is as normal.  Net 10s. Laundry.  Kickball in the yard.