"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Thursday, June 25, 2015

The Best Part of Mataya Waking Up


 Some of my favorite moments each and every day happen while Mataya wakes up.  As she is waking up, Mataya wants to snuggle. . . and snuggle. . . and snuggle.

I confess, there are moments when it is hard for me to sit.  (I think I have mentioned that I am a recovering task-master.)  I HATE that.  I detest that there are moments when scrubbing floors or folding a load of laundry seems more important than holding my baby.  It is so very silly.  When or when will I grow up?!?

Sigh.

But the moments when I am most ME, I sink deep into the couch and soak in her baby smell, run my fingers through her sweet, sweet curls, trace circles on her little back, and breathe prayers of gratitude for THIS gift.  THIS precious gift of time that will soon be gone.

Too soon.