"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Zoo Play

 I had a busy day planned.  The lawn needed mowing.  I had bills to pay, dinner to make, and several errands to run.  Chad asked me to deliver lunch to a job site North of town, etc. . .

On days like that slowing down for an hour or so to play with my littlest children is a challenge.  I am an all work and no play kind of a girl.  But, I am working on it. . . so when Joshua asked to go to the zoo, I said yes!

Joshua, Mataya and I slipped into the zoo while Brenna slept and Sierra was at summer school.  His request was simple.  He wanted to ride the train and play in the zoo playground.  We had not had time for either of these things the other times we were at the zoo this year.  I added a request to take a peak at the baby monkeys.  Joshua was not totally convinced.  He had plenty of energy to play in the playground, but he was not sure his legs could handle the short walk to the monkey cages.  :)

I convinced him.

And then he convinced me to check on the tigers.

In the end, we had an awesome 1.5 hours at the zoo, and the parts of my to-do list that did not get completed waited.  And the universe did not collapse.
Train ride!

There are very few items that make my to-do list that I will remember 15 years from now.  I am learning that ignoring it can be the very best way to make room for memories to be made.

Joshua and Mataya walking through the zoo, hand-in-hand, was not on my to-do list - BUT it is a moment I plan to hide in my heart forever.