"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Saturday, June 20, 2015

Forever His LaLa


 Krissy was induced at midnight on June 19.  And in case you wondered, knowing your daughter is in labor is nearly as hard as being in labor yourself.  I spent the whole day praying and fidgeting.

At 6:00 PM Chad and I were heading out on a dinner date with friends.  Krissy's labor had been progressing very slowly all day, so we figured that dinner would be a good distraction.  I asked Brenna to snap this photo as our last before we were grandparents.  I had been teasing Chad that I was really not sure how I felt about kissing a grandpa.  It is kind of a gross thought, not?!?  ;)

We jumped in his jeep and before we were out of the driveway, my phone rang.  Called ID said Krissy.  My heart stopped.  I did not think baby could have arrived.  At 4:30 she was only at 5 cm.  I was expecting news of a c-section.  But, Praise Jesus, I was wrong.

Her next teary words, "So, do you want to come meet your grandson?"  will be forever hidden in my heart.

My very first baby just had a baby.

Krissy is a mommy.

A mommy!
She named her son Wyatt John Hanson.
Both John and Hanson are significant to his daddy's family.
And at the moment he looks just like his daddy.

Except for his feet... his feet look just like the long slender feet all of my babies were born with.

 He weighed in at 7 lbs 15 oz.
He is 21 inches long.
And he has a crazy amount of light brown, slightly curly hair.
 Krissy and Devin allowed us the honor of meeting him within an hour of his birth.
Krissy was exhausted and very beautiful.
Baby Wyatt was wide awake.
 LaLa loves you baby boy.
Always and forever, no matter what!
I even gave Grandpa a minute to hold him.  Just a minute though!

Grandpa looked him in the eye and said, "I am going to take you hunting and fishing and spend every minute I can with you."

This morning, Krissy allowed her siblings to come and meet him.
 His Aunties are in LOVE.

Sierra said, "Being an Auntie is so much different than being a sister. I didn't know I'd love him this much."
 Uncle Josha was NOT happy when he had to share.


Precious Wyatt,

I am so happy that I have held you.  I have snuggled you.  I have called you by name.   I have smelled your sweet baby smell. You are a miracle, tiny one.  Know you are loved.  Always loved.  And know that your LaLa will be praying for you every moment of every day.  Welcome, precious baby.  Welcome.


(Because of a big thunderstorm and tornado last night, Chad and Jamison had to work today.  They had a building that had to be secured for a customer, so Jay has yet to meet his nephew.  Poor Jamison is always last to meet babies it seems.)