"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Friday, June 26, 2015

Early Morning Runs

Each time my alarm goes off I feel WAY to exhausted to get out of bed - but once I am up, have my shoes laced on, and walk out the door to the crisp morning air, I am so thankful for the moment.

Some days I AM too tired to run.

On those mornings, I walk.  And I am OK with that!  I have come to a place where I respect my body more than ever before in my life.  If I am tired, I give thanks for all that the previous day and night held.  I give thanks that I am capable of walking and for a few moments of solitude before the crazy of the day begins.

Some days I trudge - which some may consider a jog and others may call a waddle. And I am OK with that!

And once in a while, I run with 40-year-old abandon.  40-year-old abandon is much less impressive than the 17-year-old abandon of my son. . . particularly my version of 40-year-old abandon, but no matter the speed or grace moments of joyful abandon must be celebrated.

(In my case privately!  Very, very privately!  There are many reasons that I run at 5:45 AM, my family's schedule is but one of them!)