"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Sunday, June 14, 2015

Sunday Mission

 I woke up my 4 amigos bright and early this morning and we took a trip to Freedom Fellowship.  It had been far too long.  Going with Mataya meant I spent more time in the nursery and less time with the kids of the church, but a bit of time is better than none.  Plus - my being busy gave Sierra the opportunity to lead much more than usual.  She is ready, willing, and waiting to lead - so it was really a victory kind of day.  (Joshua is in the car!  He just refused to be in the photo.)
While at Freedom Fellowship, Mataya lost her beloved paci!  Patti came to the rescue, much to the joy and relief of baby TayTay.  Thanks to this "loner" we had a quiet drive home.
 Momma was feeling nostalgic, so we had lunch at a little park the park I used to take the big kids to when they were little kids.  I made these four pose on the slide just like my first four did years and years ago.  Bless them for their patience.

This afternoon, JG and Brenna went home with Grammy.  They are hanging there tonight and Mataya and I will join them tomorrow.  It is a treat!  They were ready for an adventure and momma was ready for some quiet.  Mataya seemed happy tonight to have me to herself.  It has been a while!

Meanwhile in Ethiopia. . .

The guys went to church.  It was a loooooong service.  They left after four hours, but the service was not over.  CHC staff just decided it was time to get the Americans some lunch!  I have so many mixed emotions about a service that long.  But most of all I feel admiration.  Worshiping without a time-line, and instead being Spirit lead sounds divine.  Especially since I have been there and realize that people come and go from the service as it fits their time-line and needs.  I am weary of rushing.  A few more worship songs and many more "Lu Lu Lu Lu's" would set my heart free.  But it is so hard to set my heart free in the midst of the American rush. . .  
He DID send me this picture of our sweet, and tiny sponsor daughter Yedidiya. She looks tiny and afraid.  I just want to pull her onto my lap and whisper a prayer into her ear.  She is precious and loved and has great hair!  I can not wait to meet her.  She could use a sponsor momma hug.  I just know it.
He also sent this photo.

It is the mosquito net that keeps his sleeping area bug free.  Oh how thankful I am, once again, for the simple things.  Window screens and air conditioning are blessings I often forget to name as blessings.

There are a few team members who are having tummy troubles this night,  Please pray for them.

Tomorrow (which is actually dawning right about now in ET) is their last day with the kids.  They will present the children with their gifts from their sponsors.  They will feed the kids an authentic Ethiopian feast.  Then they will say good-bye.  Good-bye is terribly hard.  Terribly.  Please be praying!

After they finish at Jemo they will race to the guest house to finish packing and head to the airport, which means Daddy and Jay are coming home soon!!!! YAY!  

I am so thankful that they were able to go - but I will be thrilled to have them back home.  There is NO place like home!  And with any luck, my handsome husband and grandpa-to-be will make it home in time to welcome out grandson.  We expect him to arrive this week.

Hold onto your socks, it looks as though it is going to be a game-changing kind of a week.