"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Monday, June 8, 2015

Homework, Lake, and Airport. . . ALL in 1 Day!

 The day began with homework!  In exchange for a cup of coffee, Joshua wrote 7 spelling words.  I then asked if he wanted creamer (Yep - more bribery!).  In exchange for creamer he needed to write a sentence.  I should have known based on his excited and mischievous grin that he had a plan - but I'm still a rookie at this summer homework program!  His sentence?  Jone (Johnny) had a f(a)rt.  He belly laughed about his trick for hours!  

I wonder what he will come up with tomorrow?!?

After his homework was done, we headed to the lake!!! 
The LAKE on a MONDAY!!!!
YAY!
There is nothing that is as relaxing to me as water and sunshine.  A couple hours in the boat was exactly what this momma needed to prepare her heart and soul for the week to come!
 I did not get on the water at all last summer because Mataya was too little.  We plan to make up for lost time.  She was not thrilled with the lifejacket - but when we showed her that Joshua and Brenna have to wear one, she accepted it.
 Joshua jumped in the first chance he got.
 He's smiling on the outside but freezing on the inside!

 Brenna!
 Mataya discovered that we have great snacks on the boat!
She is a fan of great snacks that she does not have to sit in her highchair to eat, so she is NOW a fan of the boat!
 Rah Rah!
 My Chad.
This may be the last photo of us together before we become grandparents!  Gulp!  
 Baby girl took a nap while we floated.
 "Baby boy" did, too!
 They both woke up.
Mataya tried to bond with her biggest bro over Cheetos. . .
 and he enjoyed the snuggle.
But not the soggy Cheeto she attempted to share!
 "Stay away from my Cheetos!"

 She was very curious about what Jamison was strapping onto his feet!
 The water was COLD and a bit rough - but the air was warm and in ND you have to take what you can get.  Jamison is wise enough to climb into the water any chance he gets.


 We headed home from the lake early because Daddy and Jamison left for Ethiopia today!  
 This little Daddy's girl was not thrilled to say "Bub-bye."

Chad and Jamison, along with my parents and a team of about 15 others are heading to Jemo to see our sponsored kids and do some work.  Jamison and my dad have never been to Ethiopia.  I am so excited for them I can hardly stand it!  I am jealous of every aspect of their trip, save the flights!  They will take an overnight flight into DC tonight (Monday).  Then at 11am (DC time) they board another 12 hour flight which lands them in Addis at about 7 am (Wednesday, ET time), which means they will "sleep" 2 nights on planes and in airports. (Ethiopia is 8 hours ahead, so their bodies will think it is 11 pm Tuesday night.)  Prayers for safe travels and rest would be appreciated, I am sure!

As I scan through all of these pictures, I realize just why I am completely exhausted this evening.  It has been a very busy and very exciting day.