"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Sunday, June 21, 2015

Father's Day 2015

 The highlight of this Father's Day was having ALL the kids and our grandson home for a bit.

All my favorite people on one couch makes me very, very happy!
We spent the day being LAAAAAAZY!

The kids made breakfast - pancakes, scrambled eggs, fruit, and sausage.  They also cleaned it all up!  Daddy is usually the breakfast chef, so that was a treat!  While the kids cooked, Chad and I went for a 2 mile stroll and jumped on the trampoline with Mataya.

After breakfast, Sierra and I took a nap in the sun while Chad and the others watched a movie.  We showered and watched another movie.  I made our family's favorite green chili chicken enchiladas for supper.  We ate early and enjoyed some super sweet baby snuggles when Krissy and Devin and Wyatt stopped by!

Uncle Joshua is a baby holding pro.

He had a loooong wait for his turn.  He is at the bottom of the pecking order, and I insist on a turn in-between each of the kids.  I insist it is one of the privileges that come with  being his LaLa.  Krissy laughed and her siblings complained. A lot!
 Mataya thought the baby was really something.  She wanted to be right by him.  She was thrilled when she saw he had a paci too!  She thought she should have her blankey because he had his.  Her sisters thought she was jealous.  I thought she was more curious. . . I guess time will tell who is correct.

Krissy very patiently let Mataya check out her son.
Auntie TayTay gave him a sweet kiss.
Auntie TayTay gave him a precious snuggle.

And then Auntie TayTay poked him in the cheek.
Sigh.
Her actions are age appropriate, but not so sweet or gentle!  She just does not have the motor skills to be gentle yet!  He will be good for her.  He will teach her to be gentle.  She will make him tough.  In the end it will be a sweet and very unique relationship.

The evening was cut short when a storm approached and Krissy, Devin, and baby Wyatt left in a rush to beat it.  There is never, ever, ever a dull moment around here - and that is the way I like it.  My home bustling with the energy of our family is a great blessing.  I am thankful for each crazy moment.

And today, we are all especially thankful for the movie-loving, motor-head, ever-joking, always-dreaming, deeply-loving, and Jesus-seeking man that heads our home.  Chad, you are loved and appreciated so very much.  Happy Father's Day, my love!