"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Friday, June 12, 2015

Friday FARM Day

I took the kids on a quick road trip today - but before we left town we stopped at the park to burn off a bit of energy.  I LOVE this photo of my "underclassmen."
 Since Daddy is away, and Momma's ride is in need of an oil change, we took Daddy's truck on our adventure.  Sierra was THRILLED to drive it.  I love her smirk.  Her dad gets this same smirk when he drives a vehicle he loves.  I dubbed it his "car grin" back in our dating days.  It usually meant a burn out was in the near future - but Sierra would NEVER do that! (:

 Our destination was my Grandma and Grandpa's farm.  There is NO place like the farm, especially in the summer.  One thing my kids always enjoy is riding their Great Aunt and Uncle's childhood bikes.  They think it is so fun to rip around the yard on them.  Mataya needed to try, too, of course!
 Cheesin'
 Mataya is not usually interested in anyone touching her outside of her immediate family.  She talks to everyone and "flirts" - but she likes "outsiders" to keep their hands off.  The kids and I were floored and thrilled when she insisted that both of my Grandparents (her Great Grandparents) hold her.

(This picture makes it look like it was only for the yummy watermelon - but that was not true!  She snuggled up with each of them several times.  And when we left, she gave big hugs on her own.  She was melt-my-heart precious.  She also has very good taste.  I have very special grandparents.)
 They were having a deep conversation.




Oh my heart!
They were off the charts precious!

We spent the afternoon chatting while the kids explored.  Then we split a pizza and watermelon and hit the highway back home.  It was a very nice way to spend a day!

On the other side of the world. . .
 Chad sent me pictures of their day.
Above he is with our sponsored son, Ayelu.  Ayelu is about Joshua's age.  We met him two years ago, and I love hearing about him on this trip.  He looks braver, stronger, healthier, and older.  His missing tooth makes me grin!
 He sent this picture with the instructions, "She needs a sponsor.  Let's fix that!"

It has been fixed.
 Apparently Jamison likes to race in Africa, too.  He is pictured above participating in a 3-legged race with Fikru. 
The princess on the right is our Serawit.  I soooooo wish I could be with her.
Chad describes her as quiet in a confident way.  Not needy.  Observant.  Patient.  Kind.  Pretty.
They had supper at the Yod.  I had teased Jamison that he would be dancing.  Dancing in front of a crowd is NOT his norm.  He told me that would more than likely be his Dad, not him.  Looks like momma knew best!  Ha!  He tried out Ethiopian dancing afterall.  I so love and respect that Jamison knows how to be a good sport and have fun!