"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Monday, March 1, 2010

18 Years Ago...


18 Years ago today... well actually it was a leap year so Feb. 29... a very young Chad asked a slightly younger Alicia to be his girlfriend! 18 years! That means I have been head over heals with Chad for more than half my life.


I rejoice today because when I look the man who is my boyfriend of 18 years, husband of 15 years, father of my children, my boss, AND my very best friend I see someone I love and respect more than ever. I am so blessed by my Chad!

So - thanks handsome man - for asking me to be your girlfriend. We had no idea where it would take us. For that matter we still have no idea where we will travel together, but I have no doubt that every path will be traveled together. I love you!

**How young were we? Chad was a senior in high school. I was a junior. We were married 2 and a half years later. Young love, strong love, true love... remember the Judd's song? We are going to make it through the hard times!