"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Thursday, March 11, 2010

No News

There has been no news today, just more confusion. An urgent meeting is being scheduled in Ethiopia to further explain the possible changes. That will take place in the next few days, so I am preparing myself to not have answers until next week.

This was the highlight of my day!


Yep, that is a sign of a BAD day! Typhoid and Yellow Fever shots were the best part of the day. But it felt really good to do something that is getting me closer to Joshua! Krissy got hers too.
Here is the verse that I have been fixating on today. It is Sierra's favorite and hangs in my dining room. Today gave it new meaning.
Now Faith is being
sure of what we
hope for and certain
of what we do not see.
Hebrews 11:1
There is much uncertainty in our life right now. Business circumstances continue to be less than ideal. Wondering how, when, and under what circumstances we will bring Joshua G. home is nerve-racking. However we are sure of what we hope for - justice in business dealings, a quick court date for Joshua G. and "grandfathered" travel arrangements for all of us. And I am certain of what I can not see. God is working this out for our good.
Some evidence of that... a surprise check in the mail today. We refinanced our house last year and today we received a refund check for the balance in the escrow account. It was a check for almost $2800. That should cover a lot of travel expenses. We have NEVER gotten an unexpected check in the mail before. Now I confess that my defenses are up so high that when I first opened the check I panicked. My first thought was that something bad was going to happen and we were going to need this money. UHG! That is not how I want my brain to work. It is not how I will allow my thoughts to linger. Why could it not be a positive thing? We had planned to sell our old camper to pay for my and Joshua G's travel expenses. We do not have it ready to go yet, so perhaps travel plans will come quickly? I am choosing to focus on this unexpected money as a sign of GOOD THINGS to come!