"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Waiting

This waiting is driving me crazy! I have been considerably less productive than usual this week because I am constantly checking my email. When I am at my desk at work I do a task, check my email, do another task, check my email, go to the bathroom, check my email, answer a phone call, check my email... you get the picture. When I run errands I get frustrated if they take too long because then I can't check my email. It is ridiculous!


(Yes, I do have my email set to chime when I receive a new email, but what if it is not working? Yep, I am losing it!)


Yesterday I had decided I would email our case worker and ask her to please call me when she had news about a court date. I had been thinking this would alleviate my email obsession. However before I had a chance to email her with my request Chad got to the office. He asked why I had not answered my cell when he had called earlier. We discovered that neither his call nor his voicemail had registered to my phone. About an hour later the voicemail showed up on my phone. Well the phone idea was out at that point!


This morning before eight I received two phone calls. Our phone never rings at that time. I raced to the phone thinking maybe Liz, our case worker, checked her email from home and was calling me with news. This is not very logical because she is an hour behind us, but my brain is more emotional than logical at this point. After flying down the steps and over the dog gate to answer the second phone call of the morning, I decided I needed to chill out!

Actually I have been trying to tell myself that all week, but it sunk in this morning - I hope. I do not have a choice whether or not we wait for a court date. I have no control over when that court date will be, if we will pass the first time, or when we will be able to travel - but I can control HOW I behave while I wait. I can choose to serve God, my family, my job, and myself with focus, love, and grace.

So all of you waiting out there, not matter what the wait is for, join me in waiting well.

If it seems slow, be patient!
For it will surely take place.
It will not be late by a single day.
Habakkuk 2:3