"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Want to see my "secret stash?"

I have a little collection of things I have purchased for Joshua. Once in a while I just can not stay out of the toddler section! Here is what I have not been able to resist:

I have bought him 1 outfit. I am thinking size 2T?! I have also picked up his blankey, a package of sippy cups, 2 photo albums, a monkey towel (it even has a little tail!), the Fisher Price airplane set and a few extra people, the monkeys in a barrel game, and Krissy added a baby cellphone.


I plan to send one photo album after we pass court. The other one holds more photos and we will bring it when we travel. I also plan to pack the airplane set. It is pretty big to try to squeeze in, but I think playing airplane before we fly together will make the plane easier. Krissy has convinced me to take the batteries out. She has wisely noted that listening to the song it plays for a full week will make us crazy!


Chad's mom gets the bug too! She has picked up a couple outfits for Joshua G. as well.



Krissy made Joshua G. this little backpack in her FACs class (home ec. for us older folk). She did an amazing job. I can hardly wait to see him model it!
AND... I got a new update from a traveling momma today. She wrote:
G. : Oh, I am in love with this boy. He is a chunk! He tries so hard to climb up the stairs and then gives me a huge grin. He is the first face I saw when I walked through the doors the first time. Oh ya, he loves to eat F.'s (another little girl's) food.



I confess that these updates are bittersweet. I am so glad to get them, but they make me so jealous and lonesome! I was feeling worried today that we might never meet this little boy and bring him home. My caseworker reassured me that they have NEVER had a family NOT pass court. (sometimes it takes a couple tries) There is no guarantee, everything has risks, but so far EVERY child referred has come home. So, I need to chill out!