"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Twas The Night Before Court

It is 9:30 here as I type. Ethiopia is 9 hours ahead (maybe 8 since the time change, not sure?!) so that makes it 6:30 AM in Ethiopia. I imagine people rising and preparing for their day. Sometime during this Ethiopian day, a judge will be looking through our petition to adopt Joshua G.


I am filled with emotions tonight.


I have thought a lot about Jesus words in John 14:18. "I will not leave you as orphans. I will come to you." I am trusting in and leaning on that promise. Jesus has never left Joshua's side. He has bound our family together with Joshua G. Jesus will not leave this beautiful child he created as an orphan. He will bring us all together. In His time, as He wills, to Him be the glory.


Sweet Jesus. Thank you for breaking my heart for a little boy a world away. Thank you for opening up all the doors that you have opened during these short months. Thank you for bringing Joshua G. to IAN's Care Center where he is receiving great care while he waits for us. Thank you for all the miracles that have happened in this process. I am grateful and humbled by each one. Please, be present in the courts tonight. Thy will be done Lord Jesus. It is my will that Joshua G. become a "D" tonight, but I trust your timing. Thank you for being with Joshua G. as he waits. I pray that he comes to realize the depth of Your love for him. That he would follow You all the days of his life. That we would never forget the miracle of his arrival into our family. That this journey which has been filled with joy and pain be used to glorify you. Amen