"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Monday, March 22, 2010

Court date!

Oh happy day, we have a court date! The court in Ethiopia will decide on our adoption of Joshua G. March 29. We do not have to be present in court.


I was actually at the dentist this morning. Since I have been waiting for this call, I have my cell phone with me and ON at all times. Just when the hygienist had filled my mouth with film for the first X-ray my phone rang. I checked the caller ID and when I saw it was IAN I spit out all the film. You should have seen the look on the lady's face! Liz gave me the happy news and I had to hang up before I could ask all the questions about travel, etc. Honestly at that point I did not care about travel. I was just thrilled to have a court date and to be a little closer to bringing Joshua G. home. I quickly texted a group of people "court date next Monday." Then I had to turn off my phone - lets face it no one wants an angry hygienist picking on their teeth! She tried to be excited, but really just wanted me to put my phone down so she could stay on schedule!


As soon as I got out of the dentist's office I called Liz back to get the full scoop. She confirmed that we do not have to travel to be at court. Let's just take a minute to celebrate that news. Thank you God! I am beyond thankful to be saved from the emotional and financial expense of 2 trips.

If we pass court next week - remember first time court passage only happens 50% of the time - we should be able to bring him home either the week of May 19 or the week of June 2. Krissy really wants to go to summer school. Since you can not miss any summer school we have been really hoping and praying that our travel dates will work out for her. Either of these dates will allow her to attend summer school. As far as my job goes the dates do not matter, but it would be easier for Chad to manage our family if the kids were still in school when I travel. However, we are so blessed with family and friends that have stated they are willing to help that travel at any date will work just fine.

So..... please pray:
  • that we pass court March 29
  • that our Embassy date (travel date) is quickly confirmed
  • that our friends also receive court dates quickly, we would really love to travel together - It is a day for answered prayers. My friends just called me and they received March 31 court date!
  • that I can focus on all the things I need to get done especially at work before we travel
  • for Joshua G's continued health and well-being, that God will be preparing his heart for us. We are so in love with this little man and he does not have a clue about us.

God willing, I will be able to show you my Ethiopian son's picture on this very blog next week!