"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Friday, March 19, 2010

2 Months

Look closely... this way-cool, custom-made art references my favorite waiting verse, Habakuk 2:3. My amazing sister(in-law) made it for Joshua G's room. She and my nieces had fun last summer taking pictures of real life objects that are shaped like letters. She has used these letters to make some amazing works of art. She even painted the background canvas to match Joshua's room. I truly love it plus it was a very fun way to celebrate this "anniversary" day.


Two months ago today we saw Joshua G. for the first time. There was never a doubt that he was to become our son. I had worried about "knowing it was him" but when we received his picture and information there was no decision to make. YES! was the only possible response.

I spoke with our case worker today and she assured me that Ethiopia is still assigning court dates. I know so many waiting families and none have received court dates since the confusion with the new law last week. I was beginning to wonder if everything was on hold. That is not a concern. She had hoped that she would have a date for us today, but alas no call...

So we continue to pray for a court date and a one trip travel pass. The good news is that we have not been told no. It is also good that there have been no delays. The Ethiopian government ruling about traveling twice has made getting a timely court date feel much more important, but really everything is right on schedule. My case worker told me 10 weeks from referral to court and it has not been 10 weeks yet.

Maybe next week our news will come?!