"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Game Over!

Jamison's first basketball season came to an end last night. His seventh grade team played in the championship game. Unfortunately they lost.



Here are some photos of Jamison in play. (Once again by Risovi Photography!)






















Because I do not see or speak sports well, I tend to see character on the basketball floor rather than holding, double-dribbles, or traveling. I was proud of the character I saw in my son last night. By the end of the game he was playing with tears near the surface from the pain of two swollen and jammed fingers - but still he played hard and did his best to guard his opponent. Following through, courage, endurance... character forming and shining through my son.


I am proud of the man you are becoming Jamison. Last night I longed to rock you in my arms and fix all your owies! I miss that sometimes. I would have rather "babyied" you than been the tough momma that called off your sisters when they wanted to fuss about your injuries while you were trying so hard to get out of the gym with a tough guy face. I want honor and esteem your manhood-in-process. I want you to be all you want to be, to be all your are called to be. So, I am learning to protect you in a brand new way.


I love you, son. I am so thankful God chose me to be your mom.


(Sometimes I am not sure if growing up is harder for the child or parent!)