"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Friday, March 4, 2011

Joshua's Big Baby Bed

Yesterday Joshua and I took the front rail off his crib. (Yes, my three year old is still in a crib.) He feels secure and content in his "tiny baby bed." After all the time and effort that went into him feeling safe and secure sleeping, I am in no hurry to move him to a big boy bed either! Prior to yesterday, he had not been physically capable of climbing in or out of his crib, but when he discovered he could climb in all by himself mommy decided I better remove the front rail to a prevent middle of the night fall!


He was very, very excited! He climbed in and out of his bed about a million times. He brought each of his siblings and daddy to see his bed with "no gate." He did NOT approve when I called it a big boy bed though. He told me that it is a "big baby bed!" After all, "Joshua is mommy's baby. Mommy biggie baby! Mommy I love it Joshua biggie baby?"

Yes! Sweet Joshua Gubs, I LOVE it that you insist on being mommy's baby!

Joshua went to bed last night without a hitch. We expected a little bed bug half way through the night, but he stayed in his big baby bed until 6:15 this morning.

***I also must share my favorite mommy moment of the week. I was able to drive a car load of 7th grade boys for a field trip this morning. That in and of itself was cool because my Jamison does not usually allow me near the school. Something about parents being embarrassing? Anyway, when I dropped him and his buddies back off at the middle school Jamison gave and received a good-bye kiss on the cheek from his little brother (without flinching because his buddies were watching either.) Those boys melted my heart in a huge way! I am so thankful they have each other.