"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Yafi's Family... a book to buy!


You all know I am a reader. I love books! Last week I ordered a stack, some for me and some for Joshua. This one came today.


It is a MUST BUY if you have an Ethiopian child. Joshua loved that it told a story similar to his. He loved the conversations that take place in the book. It is a book that he will continue to understand and enjoy more and more as he grows a bit older, but it was not too old for the moment either. It is a book that encourages conversation, memories, and connection.


I loved that it tells the story of another little boy who is trying to figure out what it is to have two families. I love that it tells of another little boy grieving. I love that it shows pictures of another family that looks like ours. I love it that it works to honor and connect Yafi's Ethiopian family AND his adoptive family. Neither is forgotten. I love the conversations that happened between my son and I as a result of this book.


To read more about it click here.


To purchase Yafi's family and many other wonderful Ethiopian resources, go to Amharic Kids.