"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Monday, March 14, 2011

She Still Needs A MOMMY!

I read this earlier today and it will not leave me at bedtime, so I will pass it on.

The agency that did our homestudy is now supporting an orphanage in Haiti. One of the volunteers there blogs. She posted about the birthday party she attended for a teenage girl. This girl turned 15, just like my Krissy will shortly. But instead of being thrilled about turning 15, she was devastated.

Why?

Because she only has one year left... one year until she turns 16 and becomes too old for adoption. One year before her hope for parents are dashed once and for all.

You can read about her party at the link below. (I dare you! I understand wanting to skip this link, but I dare you to feel her pain and read her story.)

Somewhere Between Who I Was And Who You're Making Me: Mommy: "Tonight we celebrated a big birthday for one of the girls at a local orphanage. She turned 15 and while we sang to her, in the dim light of ..."

Haiti requires that adoptive parents are 35, have been married 10 years, and have two or less biological children in the home. (Some exceptions are made.) We do not qualify for this program, but perhaps you do. Perhaps you are the answer to this girl's prayers.

If she keeps you awake at night, pray for her at minimum. But maybe, just maybe you are called to do MORE than pray? For more information about adoption in Haiti, click here.

Father God, I pray Your blessing over this young girl. Please grant her her heart's desire... an earthly mom and dad. Grant her hope, grace, and peace as she waits.