"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Monday, November 18, 2013

14

Sierra Faith turned 14 today.

Though Sierra loves to love on others, she is a bit hesitant when others love on her.  Especially if gifts are involved. . . unless they are from mom and dad that is.  (smile)

Last week she tried to convince me that we should not celebrate her birthday.  Now I always love birthdays, particularly the birthdays of my children - but last week when I was fearing baby girl would never celebrate a birthday, I really, really loved birthdays.  I explained, with a voice full of tears, that the moment Sierra was born and her wet blue self was placed on my chest was one of the most beautiful moments of my life.  Her birth was way too important to me.  Asking me to ignore it was just not OK.

In typical Berra style, she hugged me.

It took until Sunday for her to text me while hunting and say we could have a few people for dinner.
And perhaps Eric (her BFF) could come too?  Please???

(After 2 weekends away from friends, our super social Sierra was going through some serious withdrawal!)
 So Erin joined us!

Grammy and Sharlene stopped after school.

Grandpa Scott came for dinner.

Grandma Donna (who had a meeting during dinner) joined us for dessert.

It was a nice evening.  The house was full, but at the same time it was peaceful and low-key.
 Sierra chose brownies as her "cake."

(Our hunter-girl is looking a little tired!)
 Notice the smirk?

She was carefully blowing out just a few candles in an attempt to torment her father.
After the wimpiest of puffs at the candles, she paused to count how many boyfriends she should have this year.  Needless to say, her daddy tried to finish off those candles on the double!

Think she has his sense of humor?
Me too!

Love you Berra-girl.  You amaze me every day.  Watching your personality continue to unfold is simply amazing.  You are more sure of yourself and sure of your faith this year than last.  You are funnier, more confident, and more competitive.  You are taller, more graceful, and stronger.  You are a better friend, more grounded, and wiser.  I look forward to all that the next year will bring.  I am proud of the woman you are becoming.  I am ever so thankful that God chose me to be your mom.  I love you, my daughter.  You are a precious gift.