"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

November Adoration - God of the (Laughably) Impossible

Genesis 18:13-14

"The Lord said to Abraham, "Why did Sarah laugh and say, 'Will I really have a child, now that I am old?' Is anything too hard for the Lord? I will return to you at the appointed time next year and Sara will have a son."

As I sit down tonight, I am tired.  Really tired.  I have been in state of constant busyness since 5:30 am.  It is now 9:39 pm.  I had considered simply typing out the verse and calling that good.

Yet, tired or not, typing that verse, so much spoke to my heart.

God asked why Sara laughed.  Why do I often laugh at God's plan ?  Why do I question it?  Why do I believe it impossible?  Unattainable?  Too hard?  Too good to be true?

"IS ANYTHING TOO HARD FOR THE LORD?"

Doesn't that just hit you in the gut?  When I hear it that way, I think of course not!  Nothing is too hard for the Lord.

Yet is that how I love my life?

"I will return to you at the appointed time. . ."

He will return.  He will always follow through.  In His time.  IN HIS TIME, not mine.  Not when makes sense to me, or my BFF, or my kids, or my mom. . . IN HIS TIME.  How often do I doubt, argue, become frustrated over His faithfulness simply because it does not follow MY timeline?

Too often.

I want my life to be evidence of my believing that He can and will do the "impossible."

Come Lord Jesus.  Come.  Fill me up.  Fill me to overflowing with expectation, expectation that you WILL work in and through my life.  Cause me to wait expectantly, fully believing, that the impossible will happen.  You are a God that does the impossible.  You love to shock us completely.  You love to fill us with utter joy and total surprise.  You work always, even when we do not recognize it.  You are wise.  Your timing is perfect.  All things happen at the time you appoint it to happen.  Most awesome, sovereign  holy, and perfect God - I worship you.