"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

November Adoration - God Who is Ravished by His Bride

Song of Songs 4:9

"You have stolen my heart, my sister,
my bride;
you have stolen my heart 
with one glance of your eyes,
with one jewel of your necklace."

In all honesty, I am not comfortable with today's thoughts.

It is too close for me to be comfortable.

This level of closeness is not how I think of God.  It is too intimate, too cozy, too personal.  It makes me squirm.

It is also challenging me.

Thinking about this verse today has made me realize that I do hold God at arm's length.  I do want to feel madly in-love with God.  I do not want to squirm away when He closes in.  I want to dare to look deep into His eyes with adoration and adoration alone.

Lord God, I do not want to hold You away.  I do not want to simply esteem You.  Honor and respecting You is great.  Trusting You is a thing of beauty.  But loving You with total abandon, that is a new thought.  Ravishing You, makes me uncomfortable.  I am sorry that I do not love and adore You in the way that You desire.  Help me to let go of me and give all to You.