"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

November Adoration - God Who Looks at the Heart

1 Samuel 16:7

"But the Lord said to Samuel, 'Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him.  The Lord does not look at the things man looks at.  Man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart."
 
 
Father God, I am thankful tonight that you look at my heart.  I rest in the knowledge that You know me inside and out, heart and soul, thought and deed.  You know that on this very night I am tired.  Weary to the very core.  You know all the effort that has gone into this very day.  You know the battle I have waged in focusing on You.  I love that although I do not have adequate or elegant words to express my adoration and appreciation of You this evening, You know.  Search my heart, teach my heart, grow my heart, protect my heart. . . all that I might live a life more pleasing to You.