"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Saturday, November 16, 2013

November Adoration - One Whose Love is Better

Song of Solomon 1:2

"Let him kiss me with the kisses of his mouth - 
for your love is more delightful than wine."

I may have some intimacy issues or perhaps I am too black and white, because I struggle with how to relate the first sentence with loving God.  I'm working on thinking poetically - but at the moment all it does to my tired brain is weird me out.  (Yep - I'm always honest.)

The second sentence makes me laugh.  "Your love is more delightful than wine."

I really miss wine.  It is truly one of my gripe about pregnancy.  I love most everything about wine.  I love the bottles, the unique sizes, colors, names, and labels.  I love drinking from a pretty glass.  I love sipping something that I can not share with my kids.  To me, having a glass of wine is a trip to the spa. . . relaxing, indulgent, a splurge.  Soaking in the tub or reading my book after a long week with a glass of tea is just NOT the same.

Although I love sipping on a glass of wine, it does not compare to the delight that I receive through my relationship with the Lord.

I may not get the kissing part, but I totally get delighting in the love of the Lord.

If there is ever a time when I close feel to the Lord, it is when I am pregnant.  I absolutely LOVE being pregnant.  I spend more time than you can imagine simply enjoying the movements of this baby.  It is the most incredible thing.  Feeling her grow inside of me, twisting and turning, kicking, and hiccuping causes me to joyfully thank God for His creation hundreds of times each day.

And it is funny how when you are so aware of the miraculous blessings of the Lord in one area of life, they become so much more clear in others as well.  Songs on the radio, the prayers of my children. reading scripture, the sound of the geese flying,  my paycheck, groceries in the fridge, laughter, Scripture, friendship, etc, etc, etc. . . all seem to clearly point me to the Lord.  He is everywhere.  In all things.  He makes all things beautiful.

Always.  Even when I am too busy, too sad, too distracted, too self-absorbed - to notice.

Lord Jesus, I thank You for this beautiful time.  I thank You for the clarity in which I see You and feel You.  I truly delight in You.  You make ALL things beautiful.