"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

November Adoration - God Who Calls Me Friend

John 15:15

I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master's business.  Instead, I call you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you."

I love everything about this.
 In fact last night, after reading the heading "God Who Calls You Friends,"  I started the day early!  Does is not blow your mind that the God of the Universe would call you a friend?

I treasure friendship.  I am not one to have a lot of really close friends - but those I do have are very dear to me.  It takes a long time for me to REALLY get to know someone.  It takes a long time for me to truly trust someone with ALL of my business.  While making casual acquaintances is fun and exciting, becoming true friends is much more time consuming and rare.  But when someone takes the time to TRULY understand my heart, it is something I treasure.

On the flip side, when people choose to allow me to be their friend, I take that quite seriously.  I feel incredibly honored when shares a confidence.  A phone call or text letting me know what is happening in their life makes my heart sing.

To think that GOD allows me "friend" status is totally, completely incredible.

To think that He reveals Himself to me, allows me to know His business is just unfathomable.

Basking in that thought has made me smile all day!

Redeemer, Savior, Friend!  Being considered Your friend is incredible Lord God.  I really do not have words to describe the gratitude, humility, and joy it generates in my spirit.  Good thing you are my friend because friends just understand things like that.  The knowledge that you confide in me is deeply moving.  You trust me?  You honor me with intimate knowledge of Your plans?  You let me into Your Business?  I am so unworthy.