"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Friday, November 15, 2013

November Adoration - Patient God

2 Thessalonians 3:5

"May the Lord direct your hearts into God's love and Christ's perseverance."

So much said in so few words.

"May the Lord direct your heart,"  that is certainly a powerful prayer.  It is exactly what I desire.  When the Lord is directing my heart, I am surely following the path of His choosing.

"Into God's love,"  there is nothing more perfect, more beautiful, more reassuring, more steadfast, more true - than God's love.

"And Christ's perseverance,"  once in a while I think my life is tough.  I get tired, weary, and confused.  I feel persecuted, unfairly judged, condemned.  But when I remember to compare that to what Christ endured, I always discover that I have experienced very little hard.  

I feel divided on praying for my heart to be directed toward Christ's perseverance.  You see, in order to become better equipped to persevere, I must experience hardship.  I do not want to experience hardship.

Not at all.

Yet, I do want to stand up well in times of trouble. . .  I do want to persevere in the image of Christ always.

I wish there were a pain-free solution.  However there is not.  The ONLY solution is to trust God always, good or bad, easy or hard, ugly or beautiful.

Lord Jesus, I trust You.  I trust you to direct my heart.  You will never steer me wrong.  Please direct my heart toward God's love that I may treat others as You do.  I trust you with the whole of my life.  Please help me to persevere in ALL things just as Christ did.  More of you Lord and less of me, that is my true desire.