"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Tuesday, December 1, 2015

A Day of Wonder

It was a day in which I had the distinct joy of seeing the wonder of discovery in the eyes of my favorite littles.  The world looks so much more beautiful and exciting through their eyes.

Enjoy!
Krissy allowed me to try my hand at some Christmas photos of Wyatt.

Wyatt is 5 months old.
He may look just like his dad - but he takes after his mom in that he is in a hurry to grow up!
He is sitting like a champ.
He has 6 teeth.
He is loving food.

He's a little big guy, for sure.
And sweet as can be.

He thought it was great fun to explore the strand of lights we gave him.
In fact he was so busy admiring them, his normally quick smile was forgotten.
But smile or no smile, I adore him.



 I'm pretty sure he's thinking, "Does my dad know you gave me this?"





 He has lost most of his hair, what is left is soft and curly.




 Though clearly our "set" was designed for a baby, Mataya insisted on trying it out.
This picture defines her zany personality.
It is totally and completely Mataya!

Watching these little ones soak in the beauty of the lights this season has been so special.  This morning Mataya sat on my lap for a long time as the sun rose watching the lights on the tree twinkle. She kept pointing out different ornaments and commenting "fooful" aka "beautiful."  I drank coffee, and enjoyed every moment of our "rock you" time, savoring her toddler sweetness while remembering the story behind each ornament she admired.

The other excitement of the day was SNOW!!!!!
When I told Mataya we could go outside and walk in it, her usual pokiness was replaced with a squeal of joy as she sprinted to the door shouting "C'MON"

And Joshua became her hero when he asked her to play outside with him after school today.


 Before long she slipped and fell.
Joshua quickly came to her rescue!
Once her gloves were covered with cold snow, she was done.
She came in the house and promptly told Krissy, "Snow bad!!!"

However she was sure happy to watch Joshua rolling snowballs through the window.
I have a feeling as soon as her momma buys her gloves that fit, she will be a snow enthusiast once again!

I am so very thankful for the perspective that these tiny ones provide.
We live in a beautiful, amazing, awe-inspiring world.
I am blessed in the many ways that I was reminded of that today.