"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Monday, December 21, 2015

A Month of Wonder: Hustle and Bustle

Most of the things that I have chosen to soak in this month have been beautiful.

But today I sit in awe of just how busy this season has become.

I walked through Walmart tonight helping Brenna get a couple of gifts for her girlfriends.  I was beyond exhausted.  I had gotten up at 4 am to work because I knew I had both babies all day and there were some work related tasks I needed to get done without their "help."  I took care of the babies all day, made supper, cleaned a few bathrooms, folded some laundry. . . you know the drill.  By 7 pm I was walking around the Super Store totally numb with fatigue.

As I walked through the store, everyone looked just like I felt.

Everyone had black circles under their eyes.  Their backs were sagging.  Their movements were slow.

And it hit me.

This is NOT what God wants Christmas to be about.

Lists.

Shopping.

Rushing.

Extreme fatigue.

We have it all wrong.

So tonight I stand in awe of just how messed up I have it.

More Jesus that is ALL I need and ALL He desires of me.