"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Sunday, December 13, 2015

A Month of Wonder: My Guy


I don't have the energy or focus or words to express today all that Chad means to me.

But perhaps that what true wonder is.

No words, just silent pondering and adoration.

23 years of
friendship,
laughter,
honesty,
change,
tears,
prayer,
seeking,
finding,
routine,
surprises,
joy,
turmoil. . .

21 years of life together.

It has been exactly what I imagined, and yet so much more.
(in both good ways and difficult ones)

I saw a FB post recently suggesting that teenager girls replace the word "love" in the following scripture with the name their guy to see if he is "the one."

Love never gives up.
Love cares more for others than for self.
Love doesn’t want what it doesn’t have.
Love doesn’t strut,
Doesn’t have a swelled head,
Doesn’t force itself on others,
Isn’t always “me first,”
Doesn’t fly off the handle,
Doesn’t keep score of the sins of others,
Doesn’t revel when others grovel,
Takes pleasure in the flowering of truth,
Puts up with anything,
Trusts God always,
Always looks for the best,
Never looks back,
But keeps going to the end.
1 Cor 13:4-7 MSG

You, Chad Dietrich, have shown me as perfect a love as a human can show.  I am so thankful that you will be with me to the very end, always striving to love like Jesus does.