"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Friday, December 18, 2015

A Month of Wonder: Music

I adore music.  It speaks to my soul in a way nothing else does.

Last night was a special treat.  Chad and I were able to attend the "Holiday" Concerts that Sierra and Brenna performed in.  Usually one of us goes to concerts and the other stays home to get Joshua and Mataya to bed.  Last night my sweet niece watched the youngest two so we could attend together.  It was so relaxing to sit in a quiet dark auditorium, holding Chad's hand, surrounded by beautiful sounds.

While my husband is all about the beat and the volume - I am all about lyrics.  To me, the lyric makes or breaks the song.  Sure I like some genres more than others, but no matter the genre if I don't love the lyric, I don't love the song.

Though I love many Christmas songs, today these lyrics have been filling me with complete wonder.

Soak them in.  Steep in them.  Imagine that night.  Allow Him to speak, soothe, and direct your very soul. (I dare you!  And I dare me, too!)

O Holy Night:
O holy night the stars are brightly shining
It is the night of our dear Savior's birth
Long lay the world in sin and error pining
Till He appeared and the soul felt its worth
A thrill of hope the weary world rejoices
For yonder breaks a new glorious morn
Fall on your knees
O hear the angels' voices
O night divine
O night when Christ was born
O night divine o night
O night divine
A thrill of hope the weary world rejoices
For yonder breaks a new glorious morn
Fall on your knees
O hear the angels' voices
O night divine
O night when Christ was born
O night divine o night
O night divine
It is these words that cause my spirit to soar. 
"Long lay the world in sin and error pining
Till He appeared and the soul felt its worth
A thrill of hope the weary world rejoices
For yonder breaks a new glorious morn
Fall on your knees" 
In Him, only in Him, my soul feels its worth.  The thrill of hope. . . how true is that?  Is not HOPE - His hope revealed -  the ultimate thrill? Should I not live a life in which  "fall on my knees" is my constant posture?  
Help me, Lord Jesus, to live life on my knees.

(I don't know why I end up with white highlights after I cut and paste... ugh!)