"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Sunday, December 20, 2015

A Month of Wonder: My People

We celebrate Jesus' Birthday with out kids and grandson today.
Sigh.

It was a delightful day.

It began with coffee, my Bible, and my journal in silence.

We had a quick easy breakfast - just scrambled eggs, sausage and toast before heading to church.

When we arrived home, the girls and I snapped photos while Chad made his signature dish - cinnamon roll pancakes.






 Jamison completed some homework.
 The girls sang some Christmas carols.



 Notice Mataya's baby Jesus in the center.

I missed my Grandma so much as I listened to them sing.  She would have loved that moment.
 Miss skinny girl cracks me up!  She was a bit intimidated by the plate of food her daddy put in front of her - but she enjoyed (almost) every bite.
 Chef Chad. . . breakfast master extraordinaire.
 After brunch, I set a pretty table, finished dinner preparation, and lay Mataya down for a nap while Chad and the kids watched an episode of Star Wars.

Soon Krissy, Devin, and WYATT arrived!



 We love him!

Mataya (finally, according to Joshua) woke up - which meant present time.






The big surprise was a little ATV for Joshua.
He was very surprised and thrilled!

 He got stuck in the snow twice.
Jamison ran to his rescue.


 Wyatt (and his mom and dad) made me a "Grandma's First Christmas" ornament.  Sweet Wyatt helped me hang it.

 When I was growing up my Grandma Regner insisted on taking many photos at Christmas.  I hated it as a kid.  Now as a momma and grandma, I adore it.  It is rare to have everyone together, and photos of the day are treasures beyond compare.
 Our six.
 Our kids and grandson.

 Krissy, Wyatt, and Devin
 Me and my guy

As I sit in bed tonight, tired, yet so very grateful; I can barely believe this is my life.

I am in complete awe that THESE people are MY people.

Thank you, Jesus, is far from enough - and yet the most complete form of thanks I know how to express.

Thank You, Jesus.  Thank You.