"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Monday, December 14, 2015

A Month of Wonder: Naps


The winter that Joshua was three, we had a tradition.

Every day at 1:00 we climbed onto my bed, cuddled up under a big blanket, and napped curled up tight.  He liked to share my pillow.  He would lay with his nose touching my nose, his thumb in his mouth, and his fingers across my cheek.  I would sleep for a short time; while he would sleep for an hour or two.  However, the fifteen or twenty minutes we spent snuggled up like that every day are something I will always carry deep in my heart.

Mataya and I are beginning a similar tradition.  She prefers to lay snuggled up in a ball with her head on my shoulder.  Along with mom, Mataya wants her doll, Stella, her owl puppet, her monkey, and sometimes a towel.  (Yep.  A towel.  I have no idea why, but Mataya loves hand towels.  She often begs to have one with her in bed.  Crazy Coot!) Once she is asleep, Mataya tends to snore, ever so softly.  

Sigh.

All too soon this season will be over.

However, I will hide the memories deep in my heart forever.