"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Friday, December 11, 2015

A Month of Wonder: Sparkly Snow

It was one of the most magical and majestic of first snows. It was a balmy 30*.  There was not a bit of wind.  The snow came down slowly all day long.  The view from my window was like gazing into a snowglobe.  It was most certainly the kind of snows that dreams are made of.

And I had so much fun watching my youngest two enjoy it together.
Joshua is the most patient and careful of brothers.




 Mataya listened carefully as he warned her to "HOLD ON!"
She had a blast as he pulled her around the yard!
 I spent most of the kids' play time shoveling.
Mataya tried her hand at it as well.
 Joshua happily "snowboarded" down our ditch.

 As I shoveled, Joshua yelled, "Mom watch this!" about every 30 seconds.

Not to be outdone, Mataya soon began yelling, "Watch you!!! Mommy watch you!" 



I confess, I was tempted to be annoyed by the interruption.  However, a quick look toward my neighbors homes set my mind straight.  They too were out shoveling.  Yet they were all alone.  Their children are grown.  And while they did get done more quickly than I, there was no laughter coming from their yards.  Some day I will shovel in silence, and there is no doubt I will miss the laughter and interruptions terribly.

In the end, I am not sure which caused me to pause in awe and wonder more the heart-stoppingly-beautiful snow or my incredible children?!?

Only an amazing, loving, and completely creative God would think to put glitter into snow and abounding joy into children.