"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Monday, December 28, 2015

A Month of Wonder: Exhausted

Today I marvel in just how exhausted we allow ourselves to become.

I was actually exhausted to the point that I did not even fully realize how completely spent I was.

But as I allow myself to rest, I am amazed at how much sleep my body craves.

Yesterday I took a long nap on our way home from my grandma's birthday party.  And then I went to bed by 9 PM.  I got up at 5 AM like always - but this afternoon I climbed into my pajamas and allowed myself to REALLY sleep while Mataya napped.  Mataya and I finally woke up about four hours later, and I have no doubt that I will sleep well tonight.

Awesome and yet - so NOT cool!

I am pondering it tonight.
Is there a way to take better care of myself? 
I am truly unsure. . .

I realize lately that Chad and I are in an incredibly unique phase of life.  The very most intense phases of parenting are toddler-hood and teens.  We have both.  We also have a thriving business.  And a grandson that we love to have as often as his momma wants us to have him.  Life IS full.  Fatigue may just be a fact.

For today, I am thankful for much needed rest. I am certain that in His time, the Lord will show me how to better care for my body OR give me the strength and endurance for the tasks He calls me to.

"For My yoke is easy, and the burden I give you is light"
Matthew 11:29