"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Friday, December 25, 2015

Christmas 2015

Christmas was. . . not what I'd hoped.

There were many moments that were fun and sweet.  Cousins playing happily.  Laughter. Yummy food.  Hugs.  Gifts.  Scripture.  Prayer.  BINGO.  Fondue. Naps.  In all honesty there was much more beauty than ugly - but sometimes my heart clings tightly to the ugly and allows it to overtake the beauty.

So, while I am still processing the ugly, I will share and thus celebrate the beauty. 

Four beauties and one "butt."  Mataya was so, so, so thrilled to play with her cousins!
Wyatt loved his first Christmas dinner - mashed potatoes, without the gravy. 
 Christmas morning snuggles.
 He may not like Santa - but he does like gifts!

Mataya was thrilled to discover her favorite -  PINK GUM!!! - in her stocking.




 I always like to have something silly in the stockings.  This year it was marshmallow blow guns.

 My guys in flannel.


Sisters choosing love. . . 
Sneaky snapshots!
I don't know who took this one - but I was thrilled to discover this fun shot of my niece, Alexa, on my camera!

Happy Birthday Jesus.  Forgive us for the moments today that did not glorify You.  We need You.  Oh, how we need You.  And I am so very thankful that You came.  In You I always have hope.