"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Saturday, December 12, 2015

A Month of Wonder: Cardboard Boxes

Krissy and I often joke that Christmas presents for littles are silly.  All they really need, for hours upon hours of creative play, is a cardboard box.  Although I know Joshua would be disappointed if all he received WAS a box, I am quite certain that the amount of time he spent playing (not to mention sleeping) in a cardboard box this weekend will be unrivaled by many of his Christmas gifts!

On Friday, we received a big box full of gifts from Amazon.  Brenna helped me wrap.  Joshua taught Mataya how to play with the box.

It was a fort.

A train.

A bathtub.

A boat.

And finally I sent it up to Joshua's room so that we could more easily walk through the dining room for supper.

I tucked him into bed.

An hour or so later, I received a video on my phone from Jamison.  He had just headed upstairs to go to bed, and he thought I should see what Joshua was up to. . . this time!

 The little stinker had left his comfy bed to sleep in the box!
 As you can see, it was not THAT big a box!

The next morning I teased him about sleeping in it.  He replied with a giggle, "Well, I did not sleep in it all night!  I woke up with a BIG neck ache.  It was not very comfortable."  

Throughout the weekend, the box was a much loved toy.
This view took my breath away.

It was early Saturday morning.  I left the family room to grab a cup of coffee; and when I returned, Joshua and Mataya, along with their blankeys, were snuggled up inside the box watching cartoons.
Siblings.

When my children love each other well, my heart rejoices.