"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Beginning travel plans

Based on an update I received from our coordinator yesterday, I am feeling very confident we will be allowed to travel to Ethiopia to bring Joshua Gebeyehu home the week of June 2. (This is not 100% sure until about 1 week before we will board the plane, but so far I have not seen families delayed once they are to the paper-point we are now at.) I am SO THRILLED to say that in 3 weeks I will be on a plane headed to Ethiopia. FINALLY!


I have Joshua Gebeyehu's bag packed. It was so fun to fill his suitcase with all the darling little outfits I was given. I can hardly wait to give him a bath, slather him in lotion, and snuggle him in his blankey. I can hardly wait to dress him in all those outfits, see him stomp and run in his light-up tennis shoes, and play with his toys. I can hardly wait to read him books, brush his teeth, and show him videos of his siblings and daddy. SOON little man... soon.


We have made reservations at a beautiful guest house. It is truly unbelievable. We will certainly not be roughing it. We will have a suite with 2 bedrooms, a private bathroom, a living room, and a tiny kitchen. The guest house also has a fully stocked playroom for Joshua Gebeyehu and I to explore. Our agency asks that Joshua and I spend most of our time at the guest house getting to know each other, and it should be a wonderful environment for us to relax and bond in. (My mom and Krissy are free to explore. They are working on the list of things they want to do while there.)


We will choose our flights early next week. There are a few options. No matter which way you go it is an insane amount of time on an airplane. I enjoy flying, but I do not sit very well - so it will be a challenge. We may choose a flight that is 16 hours straight. Long... but it would avoid northern Europe and the volcano threat. The flight through northern Europe would keep our longest flight at only 9 hours, which sounds good to this wiggly mom. I also like that our point of entry into the US would be Minneapolis, but then we would come home a day later. Anyway without boring you with all the details, both routes have advantages and disadvantages, please pray that we will choose the one without delays!

Just think 1 month from today, I may be tucking my son into his bed in his home for the first time. There will be a big sigh of relief that night!