"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

MY BEST DAY EVER!

By Sierra

Last night was awesome. Dad picked us up at 4 to go meet Skillet in person. We got signed CDs and VIP passes. Then we waited in line to meet the band. We could hear John (the lead singer) talking to the group in front of us while we waited. Finally it was our turn. I gave John the binder I had made for the band. Inside the binder there was a page for each band member. I had written things I though about each person. Like John is...

John gave me a big high five and said thanks! Then I asked if they would all sign my shirt. They signed it! Then we took a picture and I got to stand by my role model Jen Ledger. Ben the guitar player noticed that I wrote about Jen last in the binder. I had written that I saved the best for last. Jen laughed about that.

After we were done with the band we chose our spot for the concert. We picked to stand in the very front by the drums. We had to wait an hour and a half for the concert to start.

The first band was "The Letter Black." The sound was not so good. "Red" was the second band. Their guitar player, Anthony, was talking and he started talking about 2 little girls in the front row. That was me and Brenna. He said he thought it was so cool to see us rocking out to Christian music. After he got done talking, he threw his guitar pick to dad so I could have it. It says RED on it and has his name on the back. When they were done performing he came over. He was going to give Brenna a big hug, but he was attacked by people so he just shook my and Brenna's hands.

After Red was done playing the crowd got a little overwhelming. They were pushing a lot and body surfing. The security guards were very concerned about me and Brenna so they told us we could jump over the fence whenever we wanted to. (I'm not goinna tell about Teresa getting stuck on the fence!) The security guards lifted me and Brenna over and then Dad lifted Jay over and then Dad jumped over and then Teresa jumped over. Jeremy was trying to block the people cuz they wanted our spot. So he got out last. Then we went way up to the top because all the other spots were full.

Then Skillet played.


And when they were performing they ask if there was a Sierra out there and so me and my aunt Teresa were screaming and jumping and so John was saying I can hear you but I can't see you. But Jen Ledger could see me and she was waving. Ahhh I was soooo happy! So John was reading off the binder. He said it was one of his favorite thing he'd been given in a while. And from screaming so much I lost my voice.

Last night was my favorite night ever (clap clap clap)! You should have been there!

I video taped a little bit when John was reading off the binder! Here it is, but first I have to say thanks for coming Teresa and Jeremy you guys rock just like

SKILLET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!SKILLET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!