"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Travel Prayer Requests

My first request is that if you feel led to pray for us... just do it. Pray for whatever God places on your heart, He knows much better than I do what my needs are!


Here are some of my requests:

  • God's continued blessing on this process and that we would continue to feel His presence each step of the way.
  • Safe travel, on-time flights, health for all of us
  • Rest... we are all very tired.
  • Gebeyehu! Oh the changes our Joshua Gebeyehu faces.
  • That I would ask all the right questions, and that I would be protective, but not over-protective of Gebeyehu.
  • Smooth transitions.
  • That each of us would see and feel God in a whole new way.
  • That we would be a blessing to those we encounter.
  • That we would be able to gather information to help ease the wait for parents here.
  • For fun, joy, and laughter.
  • For peace of mind and heart for all of you - my family and friends waiting for us to return. (I know it is hard not to be going for some and worrisome that we are going for others.)
  • For a successful surgery on my sister-in-laws hand.
  • For final VBS preparations at my church.

Oh friends, I could go on and on -BUT I do not feel like I need to. He has this all covered. I have no idea what the next week and a half will entail, however my heart is filled to overflowing with peace and joy. I am so excited to walk through this journey just to see what will happen along the way. It is a privilege to GO, to SERVE, to FOLLOW, and to TRUST. May God truly be glorified through this trip.


*** I have so appreciated the cards, texts, emails, and verbal prayers that have blanketed this week of travel preparations. I have gotten more done than is humanly possible. I am feeling calm and excited, no anxiety. Please do not stop. I need you to pray us through every step of the way.


TOMORROW WE LEAVE!!!!!!


Tonight we will be sitting around a campfire at our favorite lake eating s'mores. What a fun way to celebrate the last day of school!