"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day


I bought myself a Mother's Day present!

Right after we found out we had passed court and were "officially" Joshua Gebeyehu's family, I ordered myself the necklace above. Not the best picture, but it is the shape of Africa with a heart cut out. On the back I asked that Joshua's initials JGCD be stamped along with 1/19/2010, the date we accepted his referral. Although it is not the legal day he became our son, it is absolutely the day he was born into our hearts and home.


Yesterday I got up early and went for a run. When I got out of the shower, Chad had my favorite breakfast eggs over medium and toast waiting for me. I absolutely love it when people cook for me. I do not mind cooking, but when someone else takes over the chore, I feel relieved and loved.


I needed to get to church early because I had agreed to sing with the Worship Team, but before I rushed out the door Chad and the kids gave me a funny card and my gift. They bought me a jogging stroller. I am thrilled! I have such good memories of running with Brenna in her jogger. She used to ask me to stop every once in a while for a sweat check. If I was not sweaty enough, she would tell me to go faster. She also sang me songs, pointed out all the dogs and birds, and asked lots of questions. I was truly sad when she was too big to fit in the stroller. Against my better judgement I sold her jogging stroller - but Chad has me covered. I am looking forward to more great jogging memories with Joshua Gebeyehu. They may have to begin as walking memories... I may not be in good enough shape to jog our little tank up the hills at first!


After I totally had a total emotional melt down in church Wednesday night, I was worried about singing on Sunday. Especially when I saw the worship leader had chosen for us to sing "Blessed Be the Name of the Lord." That song will forever have a deeper richer meaning in my heart than ever before. But I was able to sing instead of sob... thanks mom, Em, Chad, and Sharlene I know you were praying for me.


We had birthday brunch at my mom's house for my sister Emily. I went home and took a nap while Chad made meatballs, mashed potatoes, gravy, corn, and pie for supper. I showed my mom and dad pictures of Joshua while Chad and Krissy washed dishes. I finished off the day by watching a movie (that I picked) with Chad.

It was a very nice Mother's Day. Thank you Chad and kids for being so thoughtful and spoiling me so perfectly. I love you guys!