"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Parenting in the "Packing Zone"

May has been a very full month (and it is not over yet)! I have neglected to update on the many activities that are going on outside of the "packing zone."


Jamison and several buddies invented this can crusher. Their work was on display at local college along with the inventions of many other sixth grade students in our area.


Sierra (and BFF) are showing off their state projects. Sierra made a topographical map/model of our favorite camping/fishing/ tubing spot. She also had to write a short report.


My "little" cousin got married. Sierra and Brenna posed with her. The girls had a blast being a part of her special day, especially at the dance. My sweet Sierra is such a romantic. When my Uncle placed his daughters hand into the hand of her groom, Sierra did a little golf clap. She has no idea I noticed, it was a totally spontaneous reaction of joy.


Krissy baked a cake for Grammy's birthday. We drove out to celebrate with her. We were kind and let Riley come along. He found some manure to roll in. The kids could not stand the stink, so we stopped at a pet wash on the drive home and spent way too much time and money washing him back up. It was a birthday celebration we will always remember.


Jamison took part in the All City Sixth Grade Track Meet. He did the high jump for the first time and made it to the 4th round. He was very pleased.

His best race was the mile. He placed 7th.


I am especially grateful for my flexibly-rigid job these days. I got up at 4 AM to go into work this morning. There were a few things that absolutely had to be done today and I really wanted to spend the day at the track meet instead of the office. I am so lucky to have a job that allows me to work whatever hours I wish as long as I meet my deadlines. Thank you Chad for allowing me to be the mom I want to be!