"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Plane Tickets Booked!!!

We (remember my mom and Krissy will travel with me) booked our plane tickets today. When I received the email with a subject line "Flight itinerary for Gebeyehu Chad D" I got all teary... and NOT from the price tag. He has a one way ticket to America, June 5 2010. Thank you Jesus!



We will be inside an airplane approximately 19 hours each way. We will fly a total of 15,655 miles round trip - 7562 each way! We will fly to Minneapolis then onto Amsterdam and finally into Addis Ababa. Same route coming home. Our longest flight is between Amsterdam and Addis. That flight will be in the air for around 9 hours. I am thrilled to fly directly into Minneapolis when we return to the US. It just seems like a clean simple route. Please continue to pray that it IS!





I was a little disappointed to not be able to leave Addis until Saturday. We will have clearance to leave any time after 5PM Friday and I really wanted to get Joshua Gebeyehu home to his daddy and siblings as soon as the law allowed. Leaving Friday did not work with the Amsterdam route to Ethiopia. Since we really liked this flight plan, we decided that staying the extra day. I was peaceful with the decision, but wondering what we would do to fill the day.





This morning I received an email for the director of Children's Heaven in Ethiopia. I had emailed her asking if we could visit her while in Ethiopia. Krissy was hoping to deliver the girls/ladies shoes to Children's Heaven. Hanna, the director, emailed me this morning stating that her girls would love to have the donated shoes. She kindly said that we could visit any day, but the best day would be Saturday! All the girls come on Saturdays for activities and she thought Krissy would really enjoy this time. So we have an awesome opportunity waiting for us on Saturday - not a boring, inconvenient delay. I should have known God had a plan!





If you would like to know more about Children's Heaven, I have added a link to their website under heading "Links to Resources I've Found Helpful." I have heard wonderful things about Children's Heaven and I can not wait to give a personal testimony after we have been there.


17 days from now we will be in the air!


***A few people have asked if Krissy will have enough money for her ticket. She technically is $128.00 short, but Chad and I will cover that portion with great pride and joy. I am so proud of all she has done to earn her ticket. She has worked hard! I also appreciate the generous contributions many of you have made to help her as well. She has been blown away by it all! Thank you!