"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Monday, May 17, 2010

Our turn!

I asked Liz (our coordinator at IAN) for a list of the children who are currently at the care center with Joshua Gebeyehu or at the orphanage, Sele Enat, where many other IAN kids are waiting for their forever families. She immediately sent me a list of 30+ children who are living with my boy. Some of these children have been referred to families. Others are waiting for a family to be found for them.

One of the things we will are most excited to do while we are in Ethiopia is visit these children. Krissy has chosen some treats to bring them. We have packed up a little candy. (Sorry waiting moms! I know you are worried about the kids' teeth already, but Krissy has been waiting to hand out candy since the first time she saw Joshua Gebeyehu with a sticky icky face!) We will also bring beach balls, stickers, and shoes. My mom has gathered a couple of suitcases of scrubs from her dept. at the hospital to give to the nannies. They often wear scrubs. We may also pick up some fruit or another healthier treat while there depending on what need we encounter.

My mom and Krissy plan to photograph and video these precious ones. We have been so grateful for the updates along the way! We are thrilled that it is finally our turn!

I posted a note on IAN's yahoo group asking the parent's of referred children to email me with any questions they might have. It is really fun for Krissy to see their questions. I think having a job while at the care center gives her purpose. I have little doubt that each question will be articulately answered, because when Krissy decides to do something - she does it well.

We have been asked by one mom to deliver a photo album to her boys. It just feels like such an honor.

One of the aspects that I dread about this trip is that some of the children we meet will be waiting. Some of the children do not have families waiting to pass court or travel to bring them home because no one has been found for them yet. There are about 6 boys that are currently on a list of "waiting children." There are 2 four year old little boys that I wish I could just tuck into my suitcase. I hate the idea of waiting children, hurting children, lonely children, true orphans waiting. Ever thought one could be waiting for you?