"May the God of hope fill you with great joy and peace as you trust in him." Romans 15:13

Monday, December 27, 2010

Happy Birthday Grandma Great

Chad and I took the kids on a little road trip today. We traveled about 2 hours to celebrate my Grandma's birthday with her.

I jokingly told her we brought a "party in my trunk" complete with pizza, cake, plates, napkins and presents! It is fun to bring a meal for Grandma. She has cooked countless delicious meals for us!
Joshua is VERY into blowing out the candles!
He also has learned to LOVE opening presents! Lucky for him Grandma Great loved his help!
One of the reasons I wanted to be with my Grandma on this birthday was that Krissy had made a gift for her. My Grandma is a quilter. She does beautiful work. One of the things I love to do at her house is fix the beds so that I can admire all the different quilts she has made. Well... Krissy learned how to make a quilted pillow in her sewing class and she made one for my Grandma (her Grandma Great). I was so excited for her to give it to her!
Pretty good looking bunch, don't you think. And as my Grandma would say, "We are so lucky because they all have their smarts, too." (Perhaps the teenagers have a few too many smarts sometimes =) )

Notice Joshua holding onto a pretty green and blue blanket? His second cousin Courtenay (in purple) made it for him. He loves it Courtenay! He drug it everywhere this evening and has it in bed with him as I type. Thank you!

And HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRANDMA! It was so fun to be with you today!